Experience Japan’s perfect harmony of ancient tradition and modern way of life on a 12-day Premium adventure through the cultural heart of the country. Tokyo’s soaring skyscrapers give way to Hakone’s mountainous hot springs, while Takayama delights with its Edo-era beauty and Shirakawa-go immerses you in charming countryside life. Discover the intriguing cultural diversity of Kyoto and a passion for peace in Hiroshima. Travel with a local leader who will share the rich variety of their country as you visit temples, castles, shrines and holy mountains while mixing with locals and experiencing the real Japan.
- Tokyo - Welcome dinner
- Complimentary airport arrival shared shuttle bus
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo - Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo - Sumida River Cruise
- Tokyo - Yoyogi Park
- Tokyo - Hama Rikyu Garden
- Tokyo - Tsukiji Outer Market
- Tokyo - Tsukiji market cooking class
- Hakone - Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone - Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Takayama - Leader-led walking tour (with street food sampling)
- Takayama - Showa Museum
- Takayama - Shirakawago Village
- Takayama - Morning Market visit
- Hiroshima - Okonomiyaki dinner
- Hiroshima - Leader-led orientation walk
- Hiroshima - Miyajima Island day trip
- Miyajima - Itsukushima-jinja Shrine
- Hiroshima - Peace Park & A - Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima - Peace Museum
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Daitokuji Temple
- Kyoto - Zen Buddhism meditation session
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto - Gekkei-kan Sake Brewery & tasting
- Kyoto - Final dinner
- Marvel at the city lights of Tokyo during a guided tour, visit the sobering Hiroshima Peace Park and trace the steps of the Geisha around the alleyways of Kyoto.
- Soak up Japan’s natural beauty in mountainous Hakone and catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji, stroll around the stunning island of Miyajima and be amazed by the Japanese alps in the ancient village of Shirakawa-go.
- There’s no better way to get around Japan than the country’s famous railway system. Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra-modernity as you zip from place to place with your included 7-day Japan Rail Pass.
- Get to know Japan’s world-renowned cuisine during a seafood cooking class, tours of vibrant local markets, a sake tasting session and a number of dinners at fantastic local restaurants.
- Unwind among the beauty of nature at your feature stay accommodation, featuring mountain views, a traditional ryokan design, modern comforts and an outdoor onsen (thermal pool) overlooking the surrounding greenery.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...