Best of Antarctica (Ocean Endeavour) on Ocean Endeavour
Welcome to the pinnacle of expedition travel – Antarctica. It’s a place of extremes, where the wildlife and landscape paint a picture like nowhere else in the world. The extraordinary islands around the Antarctic Peninsula are a stunning reward for those who conquer the infamous Drake Passage – which is all of you – and amid the Antarctic’s barren beauty you may well encounter orcas, humpback whales, seals and penguins. Explore the ice-filled waters by Zodiac then set foot on the rock and ice that makes up this mysterious continent, and spend your evenings enjoying the state-of-the-art ship and its health and wellness facilities. You’ll be talking about this journey for years to come.
- This is the extended, 11-day version of our classic Antarctica cruise, perfect for first time explorers or seasoned adventurers. With an extra day on the Antarctic Peninsula, you will experience more of the Great White Continent.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages between them. They’re experts in marine biology, glaciology and Antarctic history, and they’ll share their knowledge throughout the journey during a comprehensive lecture program.
- Rest assured that footprints are all you’ll leave behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable, well-appointed small expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar Regions. The ship has an ice-strengthened hull, Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings, and advanced navigation equipment. This refurbished vessel offers a superb guest experience with an expansive choice of cabin categories, large cabins and common areas, a sundeck and observation area, plenty of deck space for polar landscape viewing, and lounges for learning and reflection. The ship’s interiors have a contemporary aesthetic that provides a bright and spacious feel throughout.
Ocean Endeavour is also the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness and offers a contemporary approach to cuisine and newly-designed health and fitness features. Facilities include a spa serviced by organic spa provider VOYA, His and Hers saunas, a saltwater pool, a gym, and a juice and smoothie bar. Complimentary activities include yoga and stretching classes, an exclusive Polar Photography program, the Scientists in Residence program, and hosts more adventure options than any other Quark Expeditions vessel. The ship also has a polar library, and a Polar Boutique for gifts and any needed gear.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...